Friday, November 12, 2010

You'll Never Notice

The following poem is something that I wrote awhile ago and recently found a copy of again. I'd like to know what you all think. I'm working on getting some of my poetry published...This included but I haven't gotten through the very long process yet. :) I hope you all enjoy.


You'll never notice me because you're too busy noticing her.

You'll never notice the smile on my face because you're too busy trying to make her smile.

You'll never notice my hand waiting for yours to take hold of it because you're too busy waiting for her to take your outstretched hand in hers.

You'll never notice me when I ask "What's up?" because you're too busy waiting for her to ask.

You'll never notice the sparkle you put in my eyes because you're too busy looking for it in hers.

You'll never notice when I ask you how your day went because you're too busy asking her how her day went.

You'll never notice my love for you because you're too busy trying to make her love you.

You'll never notice that I like you exactly how you are because you're too busy trying to change so that you can impress her.

You'll never notice the tears silently streaming down my face because you're too busy wiping hers away.

You'll never notice how pretty I am because you're too busy noticing how pretty she is.

You'll never notice what you have standing right in front of you because you're too busy noticing what you don't have.

Let's face it; You'll never notice me hiding in the shadow because you're too busy watching her while she dances in the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment